Saturday, January 28, 2012

Morning Cleansing Routine

Here is the post I promised long ago about my morning routine. It's pretty basic and consists of only a few products:

Philosophy's Purity Made Simple Cleanser ($26 Sephora)

Our award-winning daily facial skin cleanser is formulated to gently cleanse, tone and melt away all face and eye makeup in one simple step, while lightly hydrating the skin.











Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner ($8 drug store)

 NEUTROGENA® Alcohol-Free Toner is a gentle non-stinging formula that won’t strip facial skin of its natural moisturizers.

It is specially formulated to provide clean, refreshing toning without the harsh, drying effects of alcohol. Special mild purifiers gently remove impurities and recondition your skin.

Skin will feel fresh and clean without tightness, dryness or stinging.






Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 ($15 drug store)

Cetaphil® Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 is specially formulated to be effective, light and silky-smooth — ideal for facial use. In addition to providing gentle moisturization for all skin types, Cetaphil® Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 gives you moderate protection against damaging UVA and UVB rays that are responsible for premature lines and wrinkles. This skin moisturizer is lightweight, fragrance-free and suitable for use under makeup.









It's sort of a mishmash, but I love them all.

First I start off with my Purity Made Simple cleanser (I did a review on this in December). I like to splash my face with warm water first so that my skin is damp. I squeeze about a quarter-size amount of product into my hand and massage it all over my face. I massage the product into my skin for 60 seconds so that it has had a chance to really cleanse my skin and get rid of any makeup that I might have missed the night before. I rinse with cold water. I make sure all of the product has been washed off before continuing.

Next I take a cotton ball or pad, whichever is lying around. I hold it over the top of my Neutrogena toner and flip it upside down for a few seconds. Then I gently wipe my face with the cotton ball, making sure I had covered everything. You don't have to use a toner, I just use it because it makes me feel as though I'm closing my pores to the pollutants my skin will eventually be exposed to. I love this toner because there is no alcohol to dry my skin out and my face doesn't feel tight after I've used it. It's also hypo-allergenic, which is good for sensitive skin.

Then I take a dime-size amount of my Cetpahil moisturizer and gently massage it into my skin. I don't rub it because I don't want to irritate my skin. I love this moisturizer because it doesn't make my skin look/feel oily and it makes my skin look/feel healthy. I like to use a moisturizer with SPF in it, even in the winter when it's mostly cloudy, because I don't want to have leathery skin when I'm older. It prevents my skin from getting burnt, and no one likes a sun burned face.

That's pretty much it! After that I'll apply makeup if I want to wear any.

***Disclaimer: I am not in any way affiliated with the companies mentioned in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment