Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Benefit Snow White and the Huntsman - Rare Beauty Kit Review

Today's post is all about the limited edition makeup kit by Benefit for the movie Snow White and the Huntsman. I saw this and immediately thought "I have to have it." Not only is it limited edition, but it was an amazing price and the set itself has to do with a movie based on a fairytale. The kit was $54.00 Cdn with the value well over $100. The kits comes with POREfessional, BADgal Lash Mascara, Benetint, High Beam, and a makeup bag.

The makeup bag in the box.

I love the design on this bag. The trees and hearts are so beautiful and the  colours of the bag make it perfect for spring.



The kit also came with two papers. One is an instruction booklet on how to get the look of Snow White using these products. The other is a little piece of paper with a QR code on the back that allows you to watch a makeup video on how to get the look and a behind the scenes video of Snow White and the Huntsman.


POREfessional, BADgal Lash Mascara, High Beam, Benetint
I've never used these products before, but I'm very impressed with all of them. POREfessional can be used as a primer and minimizes the look of pores. It can be applied under and over makeup, although I prefer using it under mine. It works really well. It definitely minimized the look of my pores, it's not oily at all (which is good since I have oily skin), and it blends into your skin very well. The BADgal Lash Mascara was also really impressive. When I first opened it I was terrified of the wand because it is GINORMOUS. If you've used it before, you'll know what I mean. This thing is about two or three times the size of my Maybelline Great Lash Mascara wand. I find that it makes lashes much more dramatic and adds a lot more length than my Maybelline one does, so I think I'll be using this more when I want dramatic looks. High Beam is a great highlighter. I've never actually used a highlighter before, so I'm really glad that my first experience with it was with High Beam. It adds a nice glow to my cheekbones and, well, highlights really well. With Benetint I found that I was kind of disappointed. When I first applied it to my cheeks and lips it didn't really add as much colour as I had expected. However, when built up it looked really nice. It adds a really nice touch of colour to cheeks and lips, which is exactly what it claims to do.

Overall, I was really impressed with this kit. I think I'll definitely be buying these products again when they run out. This was a really well priced kit with several good makeup products. I give this four stars. I hadn't expected High Beam and Benetint to be so small (they are, after all, sample sizes) but that is the only problem I have with this makeup kit.

***Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any products mentioned in this post. I bought them all myself. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pics! I'm excited about receiving this in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is awesome! I like how they're everyday basics too, that you can use with everything. They're great staples and I think it's awesome that they included them in this kit :)

      Delete